Christmas Tips from the CAI
Christmas is a busy time of year with many extra things to do, extra demands on your time. Your body comes under extra stress and pressure. We have discussed what happens to the body during times of stress - it affects the nervous system. The nervous system is responsible for co-ordinating all function in your body. Who cares for the nervous system? Your Chiropractor does! Make sure you do not neglect your adjustments at this time of year - it will help you to have a Happy, Healthy Christmas and New Year - but please use the front door - not the chimney!!
Some tips to help you this Christmas:
1. Keep it simple Resist the notion of perfection: there is no such thing as a perfect Christmas. Opt instead for a relaxed atmosphere in which everyone shares tasks and agrees that "good enough" is the yardstick.
2. Get a mental break Make sure you get some rest and try to get eight hours sleep each night.
3. Take the time to get some exercise Encourage the whole family to take Christmas walks (they might even enjoy it!). Give children and young people Christmas presents which will prompt everyone to be more active: skipping ropes, space hoppers, hula hoops, Frisbees, balls etc.
4. Everything in moderation Eating and drinking: Drink plenty of water, avoid excessive eating or drinking as both of these impact negatively on your health and well-being.
5. Avoid prolonged sitting Sitting glued to the television or a computer for prolonged periods may cause your spine to go into spasm. Move around and stretch regularly. Ensure your chair has good spinal support and that you are not slouching.