Giro d’Italia here, how Chiropractic can help cyclists
There is great excitement in Ireland at the moment with the Giro D'Italia finsihing in Dublin on Sunday 11th May. Whether you are a professional cyclist or a recreational cyclist, Chiropractic is excellent in caring for musculoskeletal conditions and enabling people to achieve peak performance.
Often some of the most common chronic cycling injuries develop slowly and can progress until disfunction and disability set it. The accompanying picture shows some of the areas that are commonly affected among cyclists.
One of the most common causes of pain and disfunction associated with cycling begin with increased stress and strain on the joints. Overuse, poor posture, and repetitive movements will increase the wear and tear of joints, muscles and other soft tissues which, gone untreated, will develop into painful conditions. Visit your local CAI Chiropractic to see how Chiropractic can help you cycle at your peak or assist with any cycling related injuries you have sustained.
Here are some cycling tips.
- Stretch before & after a ride
- Take breaks often, repetitive motion and prolonged postures will increase tension and soreness
- Stay Hydrated
- Get properly fitted
- Improve your posture, working on your daily posture as well as your riding posture will help you stay balanced
- Stop before it gets painful, know the difference between aches and pains caused from muscle soreness or injury
- Maintain proper alignment (Your body and your bike)