Under Data Protection Law you as a member of the public have specific rights. This statement informs you of these rights in a clear and concise manner.
Who we are
The Chiropractic Association of Ireland, 39 Clonard Street, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin K32 W729. Telephone 087 392 4275. For the purposes of processing your data, we are the controller.
Data Protection Officer
While the Chiropractic Association of Ireland takes your data seriously it is not necessary that we appoint a Data Protection Officer due to the small volume of data subjects and the type of data retained. You may contact the controller above with any queries.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do With It.
We record and use the following types of personal data (when offered or necessary): name, e-mail, phone no. This information will be kept to answer any questions necessary by the member of the public. Submitting your documentation will constitute consent.
Sharing Your Personal Data.
We will only share your personal data with your consent and only if it is necessary to resolve an issue. We do not share your personal data with marketing companies. Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data we ensure they are compliant with data protection law and any such data is not stored outside the EU.
Retaining Your Personal Data.
Your data will be kept no more than 2 years and this is only to ensure your issue has been satisfied. Indeed your data may be erased immediately if your issue is fully resolved. Your data will not be used for any purpose other than to resolve the issue you present.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing.
- You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing by post to the controller listed above. Please provide the following information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact the controller whose details are listed above.
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact the controller whose details are listed above.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time, please be aware this may affect your complaint.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the individual who is dealing with the breach; explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
Should You Wish to Complain
You can contact the Data Protection Commission via their website: dataprotection.ie should you wish to make a complaint about the way we are processing your personal data.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.